Security Compliance is more than just a stamp. There are multiple hidden benefits of compliance assessment for your business. It not only helps you avoid fines and penalties, but also protects your business reputation, enhances data management capabilities, yields insights.
Connecting IT Security Compliance with Penetration Testing
Security vs IT compliance is an outdated discussion. In this security vs compliance topic, the former is the practice of applying technical controls to protect sensitive data. The latter is the application of security to meet a regulatory or contractual requirement.
Out of need, not out of choice – that’s compliance but a good security professional will understand easily that compliance and IT security go hand in hand.
A pro-active security approach aligns compliance seamlessly in identifying the threats and achieving compliance. Penetration testing sits at the heart of any information security programme. Ever-increasing TTPs (tactics, techniques and procedures) complexity is constantly adding to the attack surface of digital assets used to conduct business.
Regulatory requirements are developing and demanding a continuous need to monitor and manage information security vulnerabilities that demand more than a tick in the box approach. Our compliance aligned penetration testing ensures that identified vulnerabilities carry relevant context if they are a genuine threat to the organisation.
Cyber security compliance services
Businesses are under increasing pressure to maintain compliance with regulatory and industry requirements. The cost of non-compliance can be severe, including fines, penalties, damaged reputation or even criminal prosecution – all of which put your business in a very risky position. Our comprehensive report aligns all findings with specific compliance/regulatory guidelines, related to IT security vulnerabilities including recommendations on how best to address them.
Each major cybersecurity standard involves an evolving set of specific requirements, which must be met to demonstrate adherence to best practices.
ISO 27001 Penetration Testing
Penetration testing is an essential component for ISO 27001 requirements. Our final deliverables and post engagement support with remediation plan adds to the evidence of meeting standard requirements.
PCI DSS Penetration Testing
PCI Penetration Testing requires businesses to undergo, at the least, an annual penetration test, during any major infrastructure or code changes. It includes security systems, networks, segregation and web applications.
Vulnerability assessments provide insight into vulnerabilities affecting your internal and external networks.
It helps to identify and quantify the potential risks threatening your organisation’s security while minimising internal costs.
CIS Top 20 Critical Security Controls Solutions
Helping you prioritise information security controls against real threats through CIS top 20
The GDPR: Data protection basics, principles, compliance guide and services to help your organisation with the regulation
GDPR Penetration Testing
GDPR penetration testing to help you identify, analyse and remediate data security risks of sensitive data.
Security Compliance Scanning
Compliance scanning aimed at helping you stay compliant with different IT security and compliance requirements
Configuration Compliance Scanning
Regularly assess vulnerabilities in hardening configuration of your assets to stay on top of risks
Whether it’s hybrid or pure cloud deployments, we can help you identify and assess vulnerabilities in line with different cloud security and compliance requirements (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS)
Key Benefits of IT Security Compliance
Global regulations and frameworks - IT Compliance
Globally, there are more than two dozen cybersecurity specific regulations and frameworks. From compliance perspective, an organisation may achieve a number of compliance certifications as shown in the image on the right side. Here are a few of these:
- NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology) cyber security framework
- EU’s Directive on security of network and information systems (NIS directive)
- Data Protection Act/UK GDPR and EU GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) security and privacy law
- CIS Controls (Center for Internet Security Controls) are best practice cyber security standards
- ISO (International Organization for Standardization) standards
- HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) / HITECH Omnibus Rule
- PCI-DSS (The Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard)
- CCPA (California Consumer Privacy Act) is the privacy compliance for California
- SOX (Sarbanes-Oxley Act) applicable to publicly traded companies who do business in the US
- COBIT (Control Objectives for Information and Related Technologies) is a framework used for enterprise IT governance
- GLBA (Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act) applicable to financial institutions
- FISMA (Federal Information Security Modernization Act of 2014) applicable to the private sector who work with federal agencies
- FedRAMP (The Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program)
- COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Rule) applies to companies that sell goods to kids under the age of 13 across US
Our Cyber Security Services
- Protect your business against evolving network & infrastructure threats
- Check services, patching, passwords, configurations & hardening issues
- Internal, external, network segregation & device reviews
- IT compliance support
- Helps shape IT strategy & investments