BETTING and GAMBLING
Whether it’s gambling commission technical security audits, or wider in-depth cyber security services for the gambling industry – we have the skill-set depth to serve your security concerns.
Cyber security in the gambling industry
The UK has the largest regulated online gambling market in the world. In 2018-19, online gambling sector yielded £5.3 Billion gross indicating the strong growth with increased mobile devices usage.
Increase in digital usage is directly linked to opportunities for cyber criminals. This market is an attractive target for threat actors to steal money or personally identifiable information (PII) from operators. It is important that betting and gambling operators make cyber risk a priority, and ensure a safe and secure platform for their users. GDPR has played an important role in ensuring data privacy of consumers is taken seriously by gambling and betting service providers.
Gambling with cyber security
What are the key security challenges ?
Gambling Commission Security Audit
Gambling Commission requires all remote operator licensees to complete an annual audit conducted by third party. This is scoped against certain clauses of ISO 27001 as set set out in Section 4.3 of Remote gambling and software standards document.
- electronic systems that record, store, process, share, transmit or retrieve sensitive customer information, eg credit/debit card details, authentication information, customer account balances
- electronic systems that generate, transmit, or process random numbers used to
- determine the outcome of games or virtual events
- electronic systems that store results or the current state of a customer’s gamble points of entry to and exit from the above systems (other systems that are able to communicate directly with core critical systems)
- communication networks that transmit sensitive customer information.
This report is then submitted as evidence to the commission.
Casinos or Cyber Security - All bets are off.
What are your key security questions?
Betting and Gambling Sector Experience
An independent advice without any product pitches.
Our Cyber Security Assessment Services
- Protect your business against evolving network & infrastructure threats
- Check services, patching, passwords, configurations & hardening issues
- Internal, external, network segregation & device reviews
- PCI DSS, ISO 27001, GDPR Compliance support
- Helps shape IT strategy & investments